The Lydia

The Lydia

In the 1920’s The Lyda Movie House stood in the middle of the 300 block in downtown Grand Island. Business at the Lyda had suffered from the competition of the Capitol Theatre and the Island Theatre. The theatre had become run-down and was still showing silent films when all the other theatres in town had made the switch to sound.